Monday, September 26, 2011

Today was such a rainy cool day and the aroma of chicken and squash baking seemed to make the day so much brighter!
For this chicken recipe use:

4 to 6 bonless, skinless, chicken breasts
16 oz. can whole cranberry sauce
6 oz. can frozen orange juice, thawed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tbs. prepared mustard

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place chicken in a lightly greased 9x9 pan. Mix the remaining ingredients and pour over the chicken. Bake for 1 hour, covered. Increase heat to 500 degrees and bake 10 minutes longer, uncovered.


I love squash cooked in so many ways, and with this, I just baked it with butter and maple syrup. I miss having a garden but the farmer's market has so much to offer...and much less work! lol!


2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! A perfect meal to welcome in the cooler Autumn weather. I didn't have a garden this year either, just some herbs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carol, thanks for stopping by! I just made a few changes so hopefully I can stay signed in to post a comment! :)

    ReplyDelete