Saturday, January 14, 2012

Comfort Food

Our luck finally ran out as we now have five inches of snow in my area of Michigan. I will have to say though that it is very pretty out with the tree branches loaded with snow. I knew our nice weather couldn't last forever, but I was hoping just the same! I found this recipe online and since the ingredients are so basic, and I had them all, I wanted to try it out and it was great! Another "keeper.



VEGETABLE NOODLE SOUP


2 tbs. oil

2 onions, chopped

3 carrots, halved lengthwise and cut into one-half inch slices

2 ribs celery, cut in one-half inch slices

1 1/2 quarts canned low-sodium chicken broth

1 3/4 cups canned diced tomatoes in juice (one 15 oz. can)

1 tbs. tomato paste

1/2 lb. of potatoes, peeled and diced

1/2 lb. green beans, cut in pcs.

1 1/4 tsp. salt

1 cup of fine egg noodles

1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley


Heat oil in large pan. Add onions, carrots, and celery, and cook until vegetables start to soften. Stir in broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, potatoes, beans, and salt. Simmer partially covered until vegetables are tender, about 20 to 30 minutes. Stir in noodles and simmer until noodles are done. Add parsley.


You could also add some corn, peas, or some of the frozen mixed vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment