Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Wendy's Chili

This is supposed to be Wendy's chili recipe, but if it isn't exactly like their version, it is still pretty good!!  I went lighter on the chili powder,  oregano, and cayenne pepper & that worked well for me. :)


Wendy's Chili

2 lbs. fresh ground beef
1 qt. of tomato juice
29 oz. can tomato puree
15 oz. can red kidney beans, drained
15 oz. can pinto beans, drained
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
1/2 cup diced celery
1/4 cup diced green pepper
1/4 cup chili powder (or to taste)
1 tsp. ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp. sugar
1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper

In large skillet, brown ground beef and drain off fat. Put the beef and remaining ingredients in a 6 qt. pot. Cover and let simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes. You can also cook this in a slow cooker on low for 3  to 4 hours

I used my slow cooker for this...love using my slow cooker!  I can't believe the summer is now gone and we are into fall. I am searching for more soup recipes and hope to post more soon!  Enjoy!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    Just stopping by to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving! Hope you are well!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen this must be ESP as I have been meaning to check out your blog to see what you have been doing!! As you can see, I have not been too active on mine but hope to start posting more on it. A very Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

    ReplyDelete