WALNUT-CRUSTED CHICKEN BREASTS WITH POMEGRANATE SYRUP
1 tablespoon of water
1/2 cup of walnuts, finely chopped
1/4 cup whole grain bread crumbs
1/2 tsp. salt
4 boneless-skinless chicken breast halves(5 ozs. each)
2 cups pomegranate juice
1 tablespoon honey
2 tsp. minced crystallized ginger
6 cups mesclun or mixed greens
1. Preheat oven to 425. Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. Whisk the egg with the water in a shallow dish. Combine the walnuts, bread crumbs, and the salt in another shallow dish. Dip the chicken into the egg and then the nut mixture. Place on the prepared sheet and coat with cooking spray.
3. Bake, turning once, for 15 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 165 degrees. Let rest for 10 minutes, then slice the breasts.
4. Meanwhile, bring the pomegranate juice, honey, and ginger to a boil. Boil for about 15 minutes or until reduced by half. Remove from heat and set aside.
5. Arrange the mesclun on 4 plates. Place the chicken on top and drizzle with the pomegranate juice.
Pomegranates are a great source of antioxidants......and they taste wonderful. Be sure to get a brand that is 100 percent fruit juice. Enjoy!
I have been on a search for new recipes to try (to add to the pile I already have..) and found this one which I liked. The pomegranate juice is pricey, but good! I'm sure it would take me several years to try all the recipes I have saved...and that's only if I stayed in the kitchen 24/7!! Sooo, at the rate I'm going, it could take forever......literally! :)