Sunday, August 3, 2014

Strawberries!

Finally using my strawberry dishes! Cannot believe we are into  August and hope this month goes very, very slow.  :)   I made a new recipe of Tortellini Pasta Salad. It used 1 pkg. of  tricolored cheese tortellini, 2 cups trimmed sugar snap peas, 2 cups baby carrots, 2 cups broccoli florets(I didn't have any), 2 tsp. pesto, 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved, 40 black olives, chopped, 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper, fresh basil(optional).  Cook tortellini per pkg. directions, stirring occasionally. Add sugar snap peas, carrots, and broccoli and cook until tender. I put the carrots in first as I like them tender. Drain pasta and vegetables and rinse with cold water. Drain and place in large bowl and toss with pesto. Fold in the tomatoes, olives, and pepper. Garnish with basil, if using.  Dessert was Strawberry Trifle. Use 1 angel food cake, 24 oz. frozen strawberries, thawed(I used fresh) 3 cups sugar-free vanilla instant pudding,(make the pudding per pkg. directions) 16 ozs. whipped cream, Fresh strawberries for garnish.  Tear cake in pcs. Begin by layering cake, strawberries, pudding and whipped cream in large glass bowl.  Repeat layers, filling bowl.  Top with a solid layer of whipped cream. Garnish with sliced berries. I had some fresh blueberries so used them also.  Yum!!


No comments:

Post a Comment